I think that technology in the classroom can be a really good thing, because then there can be more ways to get your students to interact with the material. One question or maybe its a concern that I have is, if the students are only interacting on the computer or via the computer, then how to they get their face to face interaction with one another they way they should.
I like that teachers use technology in the classroom, and I think every teacher should. But I was thinking, since I am going to be teaching art, how am I really going to incorporate technology into my classroom? If I am teaching k through 12 then there will probably not be too many computer graphics classes that I will have to teach. From my experience those are most common in college.
From what I am assuming my classroom with be filled with paints, colored pencils, charcoals, graphite pencils, water colors and so on. And we will be using paper or canvas to draw on. I am not sure how many of these technology savvy classroom ideas I can use in my classroom in the future. Of course I can use e-mail, make a website for students to go on and use to look up assignments and maybe have a discussion board. I could make a powerpoint for the class, but from what I have been observing, there really isn't even enough time for students to start AND complete their work in a class period. Most students from what I saw are working really hard and taking their time. In my opinion I wouldn't want them to have to sit through a powerpoint while they know they should be getting work done. I don't think that means I would never make powerpoints, I would if I was having a class start a new subject or time era in art. But that would be the only time.
Have a good day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think in some subject areas, such as art, incorporating technology could be a little more difficult. As you said, students will mostly be creating art by drawing, painting, etc. Obviously technology is essential in a graphics class. Maybe instead of using powerpoints, a simple way to use technology would be to use the internet to show students examples of the type of art they will be creating. Or if you are teaching an art history class, you could use online galleries of musuems and powerpoints with slides of the famous paintings and architecture.
ReplyDelete